Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tis' the Season for Giving

Our nontraditional Christmas, but doing the traditional things.

I'd gotten a text earlier in the week from Vivian who "needed" to go dancing and this doesn’t happen very often as she is a Chinese person, so I jumped right on that and was like yea let’s go dancing, however Michael thought his father’s friends were more important and had to get up early to go skiing or some lame shit (jk).

On Friday, our group congregated at Rickshaw for some Mexican food and large drafts till about 11:30 then bounced over to Heat where there was an extreme shortage of people. Even the normal go go dancers were occupied with other guests. Then what surprised us was in the walkway connecting Heat and Carib (salsa place) there was a deer! Is there PETA in China? Alex said we’d liberate it like how the Communists wanted to liberate Taiwan but really where would we have taken it?

Can someone call PETA?

To protest animal cruelty, we went to Nan jie “South Street” across the street. There, some group of abroaders broke out in santa and elf gear and proceeded to dance on the tables, it's all fun except there was barely any space to dance so we went back to Heat hoping that the scene picked up and the deer might have been liberated. Well, neither had happened, so we met up with Carrie at China Doll. I must say usually when I go there I’m pretty trashed so this time I was only slightly trashed and finally could pay attention to the video they replay. A very interesting video of under water bondage, I'd call it, idk, go see for yourself, also I finally noticed the walls with naked people, how I missed this before I do not know.

Saturday night, start it with Alex at dinner, and then we headed out to meet up with Kenai, well I knew Kenai was at a lala bar and I told Alex that, what I didn’t know was this bar was having an event so before we even got within 5 ft of the door the “bouncer” was like it’s ladies night, I’m like yea… she’s like no guys, it’s lesbians, are you? (just be sexist and completely put me out there)… so well, sorry for leading Alex to a place where men did not wear the pants :( he did not make it in, but you know he only missed 50 RMB (~$7) open bar, a bunch of T’s (butches) 泡妞, KTV competition, drinking contest where a beer bottle was stuck between a girls leg and someone else had to drink out of it, a hot dancer, and me failing to pick up a girl cuz I can't play my game in Chinese. Oh so did I mention dancer, yea, see below.

What a show

Sunday, chilled at Obi, pretty much what Obi is a good for a chill, chatting night.

Monday night, Christmas Eve, Ping An Jie, was a winner. Alex, Ben and I, went with the traditional meal and got 烤鸭, Peking Duck, it’s so delicious. We finished at 8:30, so we’re like “oh no, what to do?” so we picked the healthiest choice and went and got hooka and a pitcher of Long Island ice tea at Alfa. It was all pretty nice, except we had to argue over getting another piece of coal (total bullshit, cuz coal cost nothing, it the crap Santa gives to naughty kids and trust we're we're naughty)

Anyway, after Wangqi and her friend met up with us, we decided to head out cuz it was about that time to start the real party and plus I can’t afford Alfa’s prices (or I guess I choose not to). We hit up the usual Sanlitun (bar street) area, hopped around a bit. Kai -> Heat (who had a 50 rmb cover , so didn’t go in, but the door was also blocked by everyone trying to get in, this is the place that was deserted two nights before) -> Nanjie, where we settle for a bit and since I’d started with a Long Island, I figured I’d stick with hard alcohol for the night (great decision). The thing I figured out is that at cheap bars, the mix drinks usually are weak so after my rum but mostly coke, I sprung for some shots, rum -> jaegger -> rum, getting me off to a great mood. The late night party was not at Nanjie so we rolled out back to Kai area. We got our groove on between the three bars in a row and Alex kept sneaking in Yanjing’s, because Smugglers is the only upstanding bar selling Yanjing’s and not crappy Qingdao’s.

Oh our way out Alex got another big bottle from my fav cigarette street vendor :)

You cra-zay!

Our crazy Christmas Eve kinda put us all out of commission all day. We met up after dinner at Lush which was playing Love Acutally (cheesy, lovey-dubby, i didn't really need it Christmas movie), and also to help us get into the Christmas spirit was their 6 tequila shot deal and eggnog, ok jk, didn’t do the shots cuz I think I would have died and they were out of eggnog by the time we asked. But we did destroy our lungs one more time buy ordering hookah and they’re deal of long islands, both of which were pretty substandard (granted it was a third of Alfa’s price), which is another reason why the wu (that general area) sucks. We bounced soon after since we all had to return to normalcy the next day.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

No comments: