Thursday, December 13, 2007

0.60 RMB bus ride

::Some random thoughts before I sleep, so may or may not make sense::

Sometimes you get the short end of the stick and sometimes you get the long end, as in sometimes you take the cab and it doesn’t add any extra money to the starting price but sometimes the meter adds that 1 RMB (13 cents) as you tell the driver to stop; sometimes you get a roomy bus/train sometimes you get smushed in like a can of sardine; life in China can be a game of chance. You never know what/who you might stumble upon (ie Michael and I exploring jishuitan hutongs and found obiwan; a sweet, chill bar). But sometimes you order a dish that looks relatively tame but after everyone takes a bite, it turns out to be the spiciest dish you’ve ordered. Just going about my day, finding opportunities but also surprising myself as to the ones that I’m intentionally looking for or just happen to get lucky and bump into.

No comments: