Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Snowboarding Stance

Another entry on snowboarding because that's all that I'm really doing these days. Recently, I've been tweeking my stance because at first my right knee (lead foot, cuz i'm goofy) had been aching a bit after longer days on the slope. So most recently, I lessened the angle on my lead food so it's +12 vs +18. Initially I had it at +15 at the beginning of the season, but thought I could go bigger, and I've been proven wrong about that. So far that angle seems to really help my knees out. I also widened my stance a little, before it was about 19" and now it's 20". There is a very noticeable affect, more so than I thought it would have, on my turns but I think I just have to get used to it. I went off a smallish jump yesterday, got a little more speed than expect but still held on the the land, so that might be attributed to the wider stance. I think I'll take the slightly wider stance and work on getting my turning comfort back up.

Current stance: goofy
width: 20"
angles (front/back): +12/-12

No comments: