Friday, February 27, 2009

Ragged Mountain

Yesterday, I went to Ragged Mountain cuz I found a sweet deal for lift tickets on liftopia for only $12. Over the last week it’s gotten over a foot of snow and most recently it snowed on Sunday so there was still some powder to be ripped through.

I found this one black diamond trail where pretty much no one was going on and they didn’t groom it so there was a lot of left over pow. It was awesome it took me a little bit to get used to riding in powder because it’s so different than hard packed. I had to shift my weight back to make sure my nose didn’t get buried in the snow which happened quite a bit initially. There were def a good number of spills but it was like landing on pillows. I had one straight on face plant that I just laughed at myself afterwards cuz if anyone was watching it would haven’t looked ridiculous. I’m sure I looked like a snowman afterwards and I had snow stuck in the crevasses between my goggles and helmet.

Such a good riding day :)

No comments: