Thursday, December 11, 2008

10 Years from Now

Today, my dad had his colonoscopy and I was there to drive him home. When I went into the check up area the nurse briefly went over his results which were normal (so good news). Then she says, "Next time you need a check up is in 10 years. By then you'll have grandchildren."

Uh.... yea... grandchildren... in 10 years I'll be 33. It would be scary to think now if I will have a child and since it is scary to think about it, I am not thinking about it. But really her comment, gave me a little jolt like "Shit!! Kids!! 10 Years!!" Not going to put a timeline on this because it's scary.

What will we be doing in 10 years?

What were we doing 10 years ago? Middle school, teenage angst. Seems so far away.

1 comment:

Alex in China said...

I'm glad your dad's op went well.

And I can't wait to come visit your grandchildren in 10 years! They can call me Uncle Alex!